- On March 1, 2017
Airports in Croatia
The fastest way to Croatia is by plane. For a country it’s size, Croatia has 6 international airports which are all connected to major cities. While Croatia Airlines operates regular flights within the country, all airports cooperate with many low-cost airlines, both in and out of Europe.
Zagreb Airport Franjo Tuđman – (code ZAG)
Zagreb airport is located 17 km from the city center and it’s the biggest airport in Croatia. To respond to demand and increasing number of passengers, a new terminal will soon be open. Airport offers all necessary facilities for travelers and it serves as a hub for domestic flights.
- Zagreb Airport has shops, duty free, coffee bars, snack bars, post office and many other traveling necessities. Check out this map to easily navigate through Zagreb Airport arrivals, departures and check-in areas.
- Best way to get from Zagreb Airport to city center is by taxi or rent-a-car. The ride is about 20 min long, depending on the traffic There is also a bus from Zagreb Airport to main bus station departing every 30 min. .
- There are regular flights to Zagreb Airport from London, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, Vienna, Brussels, Stockholm and many other cities. Domestic flights operate on daily basis. Prices can go very low so search for good deals on eDreams or Momondo.
- If you are looking for Zagreb Airport hotel, there are two within 5 km range.
Split Airport Resnik – code SPU
Split Airport is very popular during touristic season due to it’s position and flight connections. It is located in Kaštela, 24 km from Split, 6 km from Trogir. It is also the best option when travelling anywhere in central Dalmatia or west Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The airport has an information desk, a bank, parking lot and rental services. Split Airport shops are limited to duty free only, while the airport offers food in one restaurant. You can check Split Airport arrivals and departures here.
- Usual transfer time from Split Airport to Split is 40 min. There are taxi and rental services at the airport, along with the bus driving directly to Split bus station.
- Many European airlines offer flights to Split Airport – Austrian Airlines, easyJet, Eurowings, KLM, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air, Scandinavian Airlines, Volotea, WizzAir etc. Prices are starting from 57 € on Skyscanner or even cheaper with low-cost airlines.
- Split Airport hotels and accommodation are easy to find as you will be in the middle of touristic area. There are many hotels, apartments and rooms nearby.
Zadar Airport Zemunik- code ZAD
Zadar Airport is convenient place to land in Croatia. It is located in Zemunik, 8 km from Zadar and very close to Zagreb- Split A1 motorway. Zadar Airport arrivals are quite frequent during the season which is a result of increasing number of flight for this popular destination.
- The airport offers duty free shop, a bar, a restaurant, an exchange office and a wi-fi zone. Zadar Airport map will help you explore the area or calculate the price of the parking.
- With the usual Zadar airport car hire option, there is also a Zadar Airport bus going directly to Main bus station and Zadar old town Bus Terminal. Usual transfer time is about 25 min. If you are traveling further, Zadar Airport to Split transfer time is 2 hours and Zadar Airport to Dubrovnik transfer time is 4 hours.
- Zadar Airport has flights from Barcelona, Bristol, Copenhagen, London, Munich, Stuttgart and more. Prices are starting from 10 € with RyanAir and 31 € with Skycanner.
- Like in all coastal parts, Zadar Airport hotels or accommodation is just around the corner.
Rijeka Airport – code RJK
Rijeka airport is located on the island of Krk, 17 km from the city of Rijeka. This airport is a great option if you are visiting Rijeka, island of Krk or other nearby islands. It is connected with Rijeka by the bridge and the toll is charged 35 kn (only when when coming from the mainland to the island.
- Although small, Rijeka Airport has a duty free shop, a restaurant, a coffee bar, an exchange office and car rental services.
- By bus, you can get from Rijeka Airport to Rijeka, Opatija, Crikvenica and Kraljevica. Bus tickets start from 20 kn (3 €). You can also rent a car or a taxi. Usual transfer time for Rijeka Airport to Rijeka is 30 min, but keep in mind that the bridge might be closed due to strong winds.
- Flights to Rijeka Airport are arriving from 17 European destinations – London, Oslo, Koln, Berlin and Moscow are among them. The airport hosts flights from RyanAir, AirBaltic, TradeAir and more. You can get tickets from London to Rijeka Airport for 47 €.
- There are several Rijeka Airport hotels within 5 km range.
Pula Airport – code PUY
This small, yet very efficient airport serves the needs of Istria, but also Slovenia and north Italy. Pula Airport is located 7 km from city centre.
- Pula Airport duty free shop and an exchange office are both in the main building. Unfortunately, there are no bars and restaurants. Pula Airport map is currently unavailable.
- Being so close to the city, best options for Pula Airport to Pula are by car or a taxi. Both taxi, shuttle bus and car rental services are available at the airport. Usual transfer time to city centre is around 15 min, Pula Airport to Poreč transfer time is about 50 min and Pula Airport to Rovinj transfer time is 35 min.
- Pula Airport expanded its flight offer to many European cities, including Frankfurt, Berlin, London, Manchester, Dublin, Oslo, Helsinki, Warsaw and more. You can find tickets from London to Pula from 43 €.
- Pula Airport doesn’t have any hotels in close distance. However, there are many options in the city or surrounding towns, whether you want to book a room or an apartment.
Dubrovnik Airport Čilipi- code DBV
Whether you are traveling to Dubrovnik, south of Bosnia or Montenegro, Dubrovnik airport is enabling everything you might need. It is located 15 km from city of Dubrovnik and it is was the third busiest airport in Croatia in 2016.
- You can buy really good local products at Dubrovnik Airport duty free shop and kiosk. Airport also has a bar, exchange office and a bank. Explore it more with this Dubrovnik Airport map.
- Transfer options from Dubrovnik Airport to Dubrovnik are various – there are taxi services, car rentals and public buses. Usual transfer time is 25 min.
- Almost all Dubrovnik Airport arrivals are seasonal, except for Dubrovnik-Zagreb, Dubrovnik-Frankfurt and Dubrovnik-Rome. During the season, it is connected to almost all bigger European cities. It also serves charter flights. Prices go as low as 110 € on eDreams or even cheaper on easyJet.
- There are Dubrovnik Airport hotels and villas in 3 km range.
Osijek Airport – code OSI
This little airport is a situated on the east of the country, close to Osijek-Vukovar road. It reopened few years ago and the number of flights is regularly increasing. It is located 20 km from Osijek.
- Osijek Airport duty free shop, kiosk and a bar are easy to find since the airport is quite small.
- There are no car rental services, but there is an organized transport from Osijek Airport to Osijek train station. For RyanAir passengers the price is 30 kn, while for TradeAir and Croatia Airlines passengers the price is 50 kn.Usual Osijek Airport transfer time is 25 min.
- Eurowings, TradeAir, Wizz Air and Croatia Airlines are operating at Osijek Airport. They connect Osijek Airport to Stuttgart, Basel and other Croatian cities.
- There are no hotels in Osijek Airport close distance. However, there are several hotels and hostels in the city of Osijek which offer a nice opportunity to visit and explore this beautiful place on river Drava.
Airport Brač/Bol – code BWK
Youngest Croatian airport is situated 541 m/1776 ft above sea level and it’s quite an interesting place to land. Brač Airport is located on the island of Brač, right next to Split and 14 km from Zlatni rat, one of the top beaches in Europe.
- Although their website doesn’t provide much information, Airport Brač has a shop and a bar with free internet. Website indicates that there might be a car rental and a taxi, but other sources don’t mention these services.
- The airport has several taxi partners who offer their services on the spot. Transfer time to Supetar, the largest town on the island, is about 35 min. Price is unknown.
- Brač Airport flights connect the island with Innsbruck, Linz, Vienna, Bari, Naples, Brussels, Graz and Zagreb.
- Airport staff will definitely recommend Blueson Hotels in Bol, 11 km from the airport itself. There are no hotels in close distance to the airport, but there are several suggestions on their website.
Mali Lošinj Airport – code LSZ
Lošinj Airport’s size supports only small aircrafts so this airport offers taxi services to Airport Pula, Airport Rijeka, Airport Zadar, Airport Remini, Airport Split and Airport Zagreb. It also offers panorama flights. From March 2017 there are no commercial flight to or from Losinj Airport.