- On February 11, 2020
- croatia, fines, parking, radar for speed, speeding fines
There are certain traffic regulations in each country, in Croatia there is the Road Traffic Safety Act (Zakon o sigurnosti na cestama). Greenway, as a car rental company, receives a lot of traffic fines made by their clients. There is a certain procedure for further processing of such cases, the client’s collected data is given to the relevant services, and these traffic fines are sent further to their address.
As we know that no one is happy when they receive the traffic fee a few months after the vacation, we decided to make a remainder of what to look out for in Croatia.
SPEED LIMIT IN CROATIA
- Maximum allowed speed is 50 km/h
- Tolerance is 10%
Fines for speeding in inhabited areas
- 50 km/h or more: 10.000,00 kn – 20.000,00 kn (around 1.350 € – 2.700 €) or prison sentence for 60 days
- 30 – 50 km/h: 3.000,00 kn – 7.000,00 kn (around 400 € – 950 €)
- 20 – 30 km/h: 1.000,00 kn (around 135 €)
- 10 – 20 km/h: 500,00 kn (around 70 €)
- less then 10 km/h: 300,00 kn (around 40 €)
Maximum allowed speed on:
- freeways is 130 km/h
- motorways is 110 km/h
- other roads is 90 km/h
Fines for speeding in uninhabited areas:
- 50 km/h or more: 5.000,00 kn – 15.000,00 kn (around 675 € – 2.000 €)
- 30 – 50 km/h: 2.000,00 kn (around 270 €)
- 10 – 30 km/h: 500,00 kn (around 70 €)
If you don’t want to pay any fines for alcohol, the amount alcohol in your blood needs to be less than 0,05‰.
The fines for driving under influence of alcohol or drugs are:
1. 0,05 – 0,1 ‰ – 1.000,00 kn – 2.000,00 kn (around 135 € – 270 €)
2. 0,1 – 0,15 ‰ – 2.000,00 kn – 5.000,00 kn (around 270 € – 675€)
3. from 0,15 ‰ or under the influence of drugs – 20.000,00 kn (around 2.700 €) or prison sentence for 60 days.
PARKING FINES IN CROATIA
Fines for parking are the most usually fines. Some tourists when they get a parking ticket, instead of paying it, ignore it and think it will be forgotten, but they are wrong. Because Croatian law has a different plan. The penalty is sent to the car owner. As the car rental company has all the information, to whom the car was rented at the time of illegal parking, it is easy to find all the information of the person who made the penalty. A car rental company may charge a parking fee on the guest’s credit card.
Greenway always checks with their customers if they were at the place at the time and if they did, whether they paid for parking or not. If a penalty is made on their part, with the permission of the guest, the penalty will be charged.
So, this are the rules for parking:
- Parking your car in blue lines, means that you need to pay the parking. You can pay parking by your phone where you in message write the car registration and send it. Or you take the parking card on parking machine witch you must place on the inside of the car windshield. If you don’t pay the parking, or you pay but you don’t put the card on visibly place in the car, the utility clerks will place a fine on the first or rear window of the car.
- If you want to park your car in white lines, you are lucky because, it is a free parking.
- Yellow lines indicate that this parking is for invalids. So, if you park there when you get back your car is not likely to be there, and you will also need to find landfill for relocated vehicles.
A FEW MORE REGULATIONS PRESCRIBED BY TRAFFIC REGULATIONS IN CROATIA
- Seat belts are mandatory in Croatia, the fines for seat belt is 1.000,00 kn (about 135 €)
- Lights from April 1 until November 1 are necessary only at night, and for the rest of the year lights need to be constantly on.
- Also using the phone in the driving is forbidden. The fines for phone are 1.000,00 kn or 135 €.
- Children under high of 150 cm needs to be in car seats (infant seat, baby seat or booster)
RADAR FOR SPEED MEASUREMENT IN ISTRIA, CROATIA
- LABIN, Vinež, Štembergerova ulica (Ž5081)
- RAŠA, crossroads D66 and street Ivana Batelića
- MARČANA, Loborika, Loborika 31 (D66)
- SVETVINČENAT, Jurišići
- KANFANAR, Putini, Putini 2A (D303)
- ROVINJ, Kokuletovica, crossroads Svetog Maksimilijana iz Veštra-(Ž5096)
- POREČ, Kadumi (D302)
- POREČ, Stranići – Nove Vasi (Ž5041)
- ŽMINJ, Debeljuhi (ŽC 5077),
- PULA, Valbandon (ŽC 5115),
- PULA, Fažana/Galižana, (DC 75).